Sat, 03/09/2011 - Sun, 04/09/2011
Now into its 25th year, the Bristol International Festival of Kites and Air Creations promises you a weekend-long extravaganza of aerial wonders!
From kite fighting battles to musical synchronised displays, from power kites to air sculptures, this truly international festival offers fun and entertainment for all, whether you're visiting Bristol with your family or are a fully fledged kite enthusiast.
The 2011 Festival boasts:
- Spectacular sea-themed kites, including airborne octopuses, squids, mermaids, and even Roly the mega killer whale!
- Choreographed team sport kite routines, including a display from the current World Sport Kite Champions.
- Incredible animal shapes from New Zealand born festival favourite Peter Lynn
- Aerial combat with traditional Japanese fighting kites - the winner is the last kite left flying!
- Kite-propelled buggies and landboards!
- FREE children's kite making workshops
- Children's play structures, specialist kite traders, and plenty to eat and drink!
The Bristol International Festival of Kites and Air Creations runs from 11am to 5pm over the first weekend of September and will be supporting the Air Ambulance Trust for the second year running.
Book your accommodation now at one of Bristol's best (and best value!) bed and breakfast hotels, and make sure you don't miss this spectacular aerial treat!